The Rainbow Project is looking for an Event Outreach Coordinator to help us increase awareness and media coverage of our annual fundraiser, Rhumba for Rainbow, throughout the Madison area.
- Ideally some background in Marketing/PR
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Outgoing and personable
- Main point of contact for news stations and media outlets
- Coordinate and distribute PR materials and press releases
- Coordinate radio and T.V. interviews and commercials/spots
- Handle social media postings and management
The Rainbow Project is a Madison non-profit counseling clinic that provides crisis treatment and early intervention services for young children and their families who have experienced or witnessed trauma, including child sexual abuse, neglect, and/or domestic violence.
Rhumba for Rainbow is Madison's annual premier salsa event and fundraiser to prevent child abuse and domestic violence. It is multi-faceted featuring a professional salsa dance showcase, celebrity dance challenge, open salsa dance competition, silent auction, raffle, and more. It also provides a platform for Rainbow to spread awareness of its mission, honor high-achieving and dedicated volunteers and community members, and raise money in order to continue to provide services.